Saturday, 13 April 2013

Selfless portraits - the beginning

I have stumbled across an interesting idea on Facebook called Selfless portraits. Basically, once you opt to participate you get issued with a random facebook profile picture to draw and submit within 48 hours so that your profile picture can be sent to another random participant. You should receive your portrait back within approx 4 days of starting the process. I have not yet received one back, but below are a couple that I have submitted. You can do this as many times as you like, which really gives you a chance to experiment with different technique and also allows you to build up a whole gallery of self portraits. Here is the link Selfless Portraits and below are my submissions to date. I can't wait to see what I get back! I just hope that I haven't been sent to someone who uploads a photo of a dog or something...

gallery submission (unfortunately cropped alot of my picture)
original drawing - pastels on coloured pastel paper

double exposure drawing - holding 2 coloured pens together

No comments: