Monday, 10 March 2014

Miss Bossy patterns - I'm going to make...

Miss Bossy patterns can finally take a break as the polls have closed!

Taking on the challenge for the first time from 'The Monthly Stitch', I have been bossed into making up a vintage blouse pattern from my stash. Read more about the challenge here if you are not already familiar with this site.

I put the following 3 patterns to the vote and fellow monthly stitchers voted the Butterick blouse a clear winner and this is what I must now make by the end of the month for this challenge.

The winner!

The results were as follows:
  1. Butterick Blouse - 62%
  2. Simplicity shirt dress - 34%
  3. Vintage coat - 4%
My fabric choice is not going to be easy, as I am torn between 3 pieces. I could do with being bossed around for this too! Hey ho, I'm sure I'll figure it out!

Vintage printed voile - I have had this in my stash for ages, but can't bear to cut into it!
Striped jersey - I think this would work well for this style, but some pattern alterations would be required to make it work for a knit fabric.
Sheer black voile with opaque stars - This is the one I'll most likely go with

No comments: