Friday, 18 April 2014

I'm a loser baby! or at least not a winner...

Ah man, I didn't win! This was the first sewing competition I have ever entered, so I can't be too sad to come second... but soooo close!!!

I have taken this defeat rather well considering how competitive I can be. I mean, how disappointed can you be to lose to someone like Miriam? She is a woman who remains so positive and retrospective about the trauma she has experienced. What an inspiration!

http://blog.offsetwarehouse.com/2014/04/09/miriam-fisher-everyday-awesome/?utm_content=buffer039c8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

 Please go and read her story here. Congratulations Miriam!

4 comments:

sylkotwist said...

Congratulations on coming 2nd, your dress is amazing! I have just discovered your lovely blog through Scruffy Badger and am so glad. I love your makes and your fabric choices, really stylish.

marilla freemantle said...

Thank you, I'm so glad you like my stuff! The great thing about home sewing is how personal you can make things to your style. You are already on my reading list, so it's good to read a new post from you today! X

sewmuch2learn said...

Being 2nd is not a bad place to be, your dress is fabulous. You add your own touch to each garment and they are all wonderful.

marilla freemantle said...

Very kind words, thank you! ;-) xxx