Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Winter sewing

I am not finding much selfish sewing time this month, but this also means that I've not got much to write about and really want to write a blog post, so I thought I would create a compilation of the things I would like to make for AW '14.

All I want at the moment is to feel comfortable, so I have a plan for loose shapes. I also cannot quite steer myself away from blue, but that's ok because blue is great! Below is what I really, really want to make!!!

 
  1. A camel boyfriend coat - I have just bought THE perfect cashmere/wool blend fabric for this
  2. Denim low slung wrap skirt - think this will be a self draft and is the least likely to come to fruition of all of the above
  3. Lots and lots of loose button front blouses
  4. Plain tops. As luck would have it my soon to be complete pattern will fulfil this and the loose blouse plan ;-)
  5. Loose jumpsuit - I have actually just bought this one, but can't help feeling I look like I'm going to work in a garage. I need to get used to it before embarking on my own make I think, as I am new to the world of the jumpsuit
  6. These amazing Named Wyome jeans - I already have the pattern and some drapey chambray fabric, just need the time!
  7. Stripe coat - I'm working on it!
Seeing all this together makes me feel excited for the changing seasons and I much prefer winter clothes (doesn't everyone?). I think it's because there are more clothes to think about, whereas I spend the summer months (when hot) just throwing on whatever is cool enough.

Hopefully I will get round to making some of this soon, but I really, really need to make my husbands coat, before he completely gives up hope!

7 comments:

Bellbird said...

I really like your sewing ideas! Ironically, I've been sewing only summer clothes through our Southern Hemisphere winter. Winter clothes may be more exciting but summer clothes are quicker to make! Looking forward to seeing what you sew up.

Marilla Walker said...

Ha ha, we need to swap sides! although, to be fair we don't exactly have long summers in the UK...

fabrickated.com said...

Yes, nice set. I especially like jump suits, and Topshop did a range that were very stylish without being too worky. I think, although navy blue, they used softer and more luxurious fabrics. For me they were too short in the back and the leg, so I am determined to make one at some point.

Sara said...

Wow! I love it all. I love that you're planning on making two coats this winter. I've got one planned, but it would be great to make two. You wear them everyday after all so it's nice to have some variety. I'm curious to see what those jeans will look like made up. And wow, I was out of the loop for a while, so I totally missed that you were drafting a blouse pattern. How exciting!

Marilla Walker said...

Well, I suspect that the success/failure of the first coat will dictate whether or not there will be a second! Look forward to seeing your coat, I love the pea coat you have made previously!

Caroline said...

I love your little collection of Winter-wanna-makes. Love that camel coat and I'm looking forward to your slouchy tee pattern x

JustSew Jenna said...

I am really not ready for the end of summer yet! I don't like winter that much, I end up freezing most of the time! I'm going to look at those jeans though...